Inscríbete y crea tu propia colección de obras y artículos ¡Anímate y ponte tus gafas!
Nido:L. Rome Guthrie
His works included:
- In 1912, Townhill Park, Southampton. Italianate Gardens with planting schemes by Gertrude Jekyll.
- Between 1926 and 1931, Grosvenor House, Park Lane London. The design was started by Guthrie but finished by Edwin Lutyens.
- In 1929, the University of London Observatory.
- In the 1930s, the BBC transmitter building at the Brookmans Park transmitting station near London, followed by others at Moorside Edge, Westerglen, Washford, Lisnagarvey, Burghead, Stagshaw, Start Point and Droitwich. These buildings had impressive Art Deco facades in Portland Stone, and many of them survive. The Washford building is Grade 2 listed.
- U.K. Database of Historic Parks and Gardens: Guthrie, Leonard Rome (retrieved 11 April 2007)
- U.K. Database of Historic Parks and Gardens: Townhill Park (retrieved 11 April 2007)
- Web page about Townhill Park House (retrieved 11 April 2007)
- The Architecture of the Estate: Modern Times, Survey of London: volume 39: The Grosvenor Estate in Mayfair, Part 1 (General History) (1977), pp. 67-82, 161-70. (retrieved 11 April 2007)
- University of London Observatory (retrieved 11 April 2007)
- Pawley, Edward (1972), BBC Engineering 1922-1972, London, BBC, pp. 105-6. ISBN 0-563-12127-0